1. Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.
2. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
3. Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.
4. Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
轻信与盲从，对人的生命，从任何一个角度而言，都是不好的 - 但宗教除外。
5. The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.
6.The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals.
7. Faith is the surrender of the mind; it’s the surrender of reason, it’s the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other mammals. It’s our need to believe, and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated.