阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 16:18  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁 Who Am I。

发表于 2017-3-21 07:53  
英文版我是谁Who Am I-a

The Chinese origin was displayed on 2014-08-16 18:24:10 at website
http://www.sgwritings.com/65992/viewspace_53460.html.

Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-a
Translated from the Chinese origin
into English in 09/1998.

My name is Ah Ming and my husband’s surname is Hu. This name and surname are fictitious, I give untrue ones because I wish to avoid being identified. We have one daughter, one son and three grandchildren. These numbers are also untrue. Besides these, the personal particulars mentioned herein are almost all untrue. Trying to deduce who I am from these data would be fruitless.

I was twenty-one years old when we got married. In the end I was fifty-eight. My hair had become gray after all those thirty-over years. At the beginning we only felt we could get along with each other, and after we had children, I felt I could not go along without him. He also felt he could not go along without me. But now, he has actually ended up without me.

What does that mean? I had finished. It was the eruption of the wound in the stomach. The place is not to be mentioned, to mention it makes me feel like going to vomit. By now, of course, my hardware must have been committed to the flames long ago as a rule. Besides memory, it seems that everything of me has vanished.

However, I do not know why my case did not follow the usual rule; I was not 100% finished. I do not know for what reason my brain waves drifted ten-over kilometers, came up to this family and got absorbed into the brains of an old man who had died not long before. In fear and confusion, I, that is to say my set of brain waves, could not struggle loose but melted and got mingled with the dead body into one sole piece. The dead body came back to life, that is what people talk about as “jie shi huan hun (借尸还魂)”。Now, the hardware was that of the old man and the software was mine. The so-called hardware was the body and the software was the set of brain waves, that is, what people speak of as the soul.

I was then in a desperate situation and had to figure out certain idea to cope with the present situation. But both the hardware and the software had just revived from death, equally withered and exhausted and, like having been injected with chloroform, fell senselessly asleep. It was not known how long afterwards, somebody asked at the door: “are you not going to take exercise?” I had already wakened up but pretended to be still wanting to sleep and uttered a blurry voice in the throat. That person went away, followed by the sound of opening and closing of the main door. After that, it was complete silence. I knew that that person was the wife of the hardware; she was going to the market that moment as usual. Of course, she did not know that her husband had in fact died; what she saw was his body, and the one who responded was another “person”.
To be continued…

[ 本帖最后由 荷塘 于 2020-1-24 16:07 编辑 ]
顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 16:22  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-b.

发表于 2017-3-22 11:46
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-b.
into English in 09/1998.

How did I know that? What happened was that during the time of that senseless sleep, my brain cells copied the original memory from the brain cells of that hardware. Now, whatever that man knew and was able to do during the time he lived my brain waves also clearly or subconsciously knew and were able to act likewise. I could also cause his limbs and organs to act as I directed. At the same time, my own memories were also brought along: my character, state of the mind, manner, deportment, tone, habits, likes and dislikes, concepts, thoughts about matters and articles, subconscious, unintentional gestures, etc. etc., were mine.

By now I had known every bit about them: husband and wife lived in this flat unit; the number of children and grandchildren, the names and surnames of everybody, and that man’s daily routine, mixing up with what sort of people and who they were, what he liked and disliked and every bit of past matters and recent occurrences, everything was very clear to me. The actual name of that man and his address better not be mentioned, I, therefore, refer to him as Mr. X and his wife as Mrs. X.

The position I was in was embarrassing. I drifted into their house, was caught and turned into one which used Mr. X’s body without first obtaining permission; that is to say I stayed in their house as a thief. Besides being shameful, I was also frightened because I was stuck up with a corpse. The mere thought of it was already awesome; if I was still not afraid what more did I require?

Having listened carefully and was sure there was nobody else in the house, I got up in a hurry to do two things: to take a look in the mirror and to test my voice. If the face had become twisted or had blue and black patches on it, a fearful ghostly face, that was bad. Also if the sound was my own female voice, that was also bad. Fortunately, both the facial appearance and the voice did not have any problem.

Thereupon what I should do next was naturally to get in touch with my husband, there was nothing more important than this as I had just escaped from death. I contacted my home phone; it rang and rang but I hung it up after hesitating for a moment. Just who would stay in the house this moment in view of the fatal occurrence of last night?

I took my breakfast hastily, idled in the room during the next following few hours and avoided unnecessary contact with Mrs. X with the fear of a thief. She asked why I did not go out to act morning exercise. I said that I had excessive coffee the day before and could not sleep well.
To be continued…
顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 17:13  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-c.

发表于 2017-3-23 12:25
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-c.
into English in 09/1998.

I took position only after having deliberated over all matters for many days, or, perhaps I should say for several months. I thought that I was right in not contacting my home. I was right also in not racing to that spot quickly to take a look at them and to see what was being done to my hardware. Just what should or could I say when I met them? Their reaction would either be disbelief in my words, regarding me as being out of my mind and be unhappy because I created trouble for them at a time like that. And on the other hand, if they believed in what I were to tell them, then what was there to expect? It would only scare them and make them sick. And what about myself? Was not that scene at that time fearful?

That I decided not to tell Mrs. X the truth was also correct. Of course, I felt uneasy staying and eating in her house for free and be respected as the head of the family. But now I had lost everything; I would have no money to live on if I did not stick to this household. Besides, once Mrs. X knew that she was living in this flat unit with a ghost it would be like the Hell had come to fall upon her.

Many years had gone past as I am saying it. During that time I had gone back to the vicinity of my house and those of my children’s houses, with the fear that I could be identified while pretending to be unrelated to anybody around, hoping to see my husband and my children. However, on one hand there was not the coincidence in time to meet them, besides, what could I do if I came face to face with them? How miserable would it be if one does not dare to reveal one’s true identity to the dearest people? So I lost my bravery every time and left quickly. That is why I have never seen them again.

In the life of those few years, what embarrassed me was the difference in sexes, what made me lament was the change in shape. Because of the difference in sexes, there are, in the details of daily routine, certain matters I did not like doing but had to do them every day. And when I spoke in a hurry at times, I spoke in my own tone and with my own spirit which, having been heard and seen by other persons, caused embarrassment as they did not fit in with the case of an old man. As for bodily appearance, it reminded me of what happened to Mrs. Regean of the U.S. Because of cancer, she had to undergo an operation which made her looked dissimilar to a female. I simply had everything male and the situation was of cause worse. However, I have lived a good number of extra years by now, isn’t that good luck within bad luck?

At the same time, and what a coincidence, during Mr. X’s old age his mother’s genes emerged which made him inclined conceptually towards the female. He liked to collect and keep female clothing, ornaments and cosmetics, an assorted collection. That was very good indeed; I could use those sets to reform myself. Mr. X kept many items of the clothing discarded by Mrs. X, and some new ones were also brought in at times. I was not choosy, it was already good so long as I had those to wear. Sometimes, Mrs. X was uneasy in seeing her “husband” bear female clothing, I did not counter her but waited till the time she did not mind it and I would do the same thing again.
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 17:17  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-d.

发表于 2017-3-24 17:10
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-d.
into English in 09/1998.

This entity was badly composed, the hardware and the software did not go along harmoniously. In the past, I drank Chinese tea and Ceylon tea frequently, but Mr. X had low blood pressure and slow heart beats. Perhaps tea would produce a kind of chemical substance which was harmful to his circulation system and the mechanism could not take it. I also liked to eat apples, pineapples and dried plums and the like which were a little sour; his jaws and digesting system both could not take it. In the contrary, it seemed he had to take coffee; if he did not have thick coffee for two to three days his digesting system would feel like lacking certain material thereby causing an uneasy state of affair in the brain waves. But after taking thick coffee, his mind would, on occasions, be disturbed and sleeping would not be tranquil.

Sometimes I thought to myself, for how many more years could my set of brain waves still live? Mr. X’s heart was weak and he died of suffocation in that year in his sleep. Who was there to guarantee history would not repeat itself? Besides, his other various organs had worn out individually; for how much longer they could last was a question. If the hardware finished, I would follow suit. This time I would be one hundred percent finished.

As I am saying it, time of another several years went past. One day, another stunning matter happened. I came across an insertion of obituary on the newspaper accidentally; my mind which had been tranquil for a long time suddenly got excided to the extent that the heart almost jumped out from the chest. Those who had lost their beloved one turned out, out of all expectations, to be my husband and our children,and the one who had just passed away was I, Ah Ming, myself. On the obituary, the age said of the deceased was exactly my own age and the photograph was also my own photograph, the one taken of me by the side of Sun Moon Pond (日月潭。So said, but that is not true; to mention the actual spot would make me feel uncomfortable.) in the year when I was 55 years old, touring Taiwan with my husband. Thereupon I was confused and lost my senses of direction and of time(不知天南地北,人间何世). I wanted to go over hastily to speak to my husband and children. I wanted to go over hastily to find out why a case of doubles (双胞胎案) popped up after these ten over years.
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 17:22  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-e.

发表于 2017-3-25 10:42
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-e.
into English in 09/1998.

That night I went to where the ceremony was taking place, made an excuse and offered joss sticks to my own altar tablet. I came across my husband and children, etc., but the son-in-law was away on a certain errand so I did not see him. What the anxiety was like meeting ten over years afterwards, after going through a disaster, is understandable. How bitter it was when one met one’s own dearest and could not reveal one’s true identity was also understandable. My husband’s hair had turned gray and the grandchildren had all grown up. I created opportunities and spoke for a while to every one of my family people.

I had also spoken to Jennifer and Peter Cheong, husband and wife (names have been falsified). With the sentiment of a thief, I dared not inquire much but managed to learn from them that when my brain waves ran away that year, it did not cause any stir in anybody. They only knew that I crossed over the disaster and came out safely. They said that Ah Ming, that is, myself, had the age-old trouble of breeding in the stomach; the one event occurring ten over years before was very serious and the condition calmed down and became stable only after blood transfusion and hospitalization of almost a month.

They said that Ah Ming liked in the past to eat things sour, raw and cooling, and liked to drink Chinese tea and Ceylon tea, all those things would cause trouble to the stomach. After that incident, following doctors’ advice, she dared not touch them again. Jennifer said that Ah Ming was healthy these ten over years and that she was not unlike what she was in the past except that she appeared a little uneasy at times when speaking even to her old friends. At old age, a person could be like that, “Isn’t it?” Jennifer asked.

We, that is to say my husband and I, were very close to Jennifer and Peter Cheong. Besides them, there were Madeline and LTK, husband and wife, equally close. LTK was our colleague at the time of working in  Pethorweed. In the year when I was twenty-six years old, we three couples met in a tour. We mixed up closely in the following five years and still saw one another two, three times annually thereafter. Madeline passed away when I was fifty-seven years old. I did not see LTK that night; as I did not have a pretext and therefore could not inquire about him.

Jennifer was as bright as before. When she talked about her old friend’s liking to eat sour things in the past years, she still did not forget to add in a “hee hee” laughter. She was still young mentally, but the person was in fact already old. In those early years, Madeline like to eat things very chilly-hot, Jennifer liked to take thick coffee. In what we ate and drank, the three persons each had her way. A reflection of the past made one sigh and remember with anxiety. In case it was possible to make time flow backwards and we three get together like before, sit folding our legs in leisurely clothing to talk until dawn, would it not be very nice?

As I mentioned these four persons, I ought to say that Ah Boe and Miew Tji, husband and wife, were also close to us. However, we had lost contact with this family long ago.

My family members had not seen Mr. X in the past; as I came in his hardware it would not be good for me to stay on for long, so I had to leave.
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 17:26  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-f.

发表于 2017-3-27 17:11
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-f.
into English in 09/1998.

The perplexity brought by this incident confused me. I had definitely finished in that previous year, how was it possible that I was treated to recovery and returned home? My brain waves had already run away from my dead body, how was it possible for a person to continue living for these ten-over years in my home without brain waves?

As I thought about it, I could not help but asking myself who I was. Was I the one who had recovered and returned home or the one who was stealing Mr. X’s hardware?

Perhaps somebody would say that that “I” who lived in Mr. X’s home was simply not me, not me Ah Ming, but Mr. X himself. His brain waves had been seriously disturbed and thereupon forgot his own identity and thought he was another person instead. Just think along this line: if Ah Ming was truly finished at that critical moment, could her brain waves continue to live? And, if, on the other hand, she was still a living person, how was it possible that her brain waves leave her. So, the one set that left her dead body that night was that of Mr. X.

But, Mr. X had certainly died, how could it be him? Even if it was him, how was it possible that he had my, this is, Ah Ming’s memories, and my character, state of the mind, manner, deportment, tone, habits, liking and dislikes, concepts, thoughts about matters and articles, subconscious, unintentional gestures, etc., etc.. If it was not me, who else could it be?

Furthermore, in the fatal night, at that very critical moment, I fell into a withered and blurry state, saying subconsciously to myself that the time had come. I was frighten and sad and had the reluctance to leave my husband and my young ones. Suddenly there came a series of very powerful and rapid bombardments which almost turned the earth upside down and made me forgot what century it was. And suddenly I saw bright light and this set of brain waves of mine was thus thrown out from the body. There were several persons around; a doctor was pressing an  electrical device hard on my chest which created that powerful shock. What went through my mind before that moment was my own internal mental experience, how was it possible for Mr. X to be involved and to think that he was me.

There was that question: “If Ah Ming was truly finished could her brain waves continue to live?” The brain waves could certainly continue living. Am I not an example of it? Then “If she was still living well how was it possible that her brain waves leave her?” Had my brain waves not left at that time? Had my brain waves not lived in Mr. X’s house during these ten-over years?
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 18:01  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-g.

发表于 2017-3-28 17:35
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-g.
into English in 09/1998.

If I were the one who recovered and returned home, then why was it not that I lived with my husband in my own house? And, how was it that I had absolutely no knowledge of what happened at home after that event that night? Instead, I lived in Mr. X’s house during all these ten odd years, at what time had I ever been back to my own home? People say what a person thinks in the day might come into his dream at night (日有所思,夜有所梦。), I had not even any dream of myself being back at home. Therefore, I must be this “I” who stole Mr. X’s hardware.

As I was thinking about the matter over and over again, on the point that I had never returned home, then, who was that who lived those ten-over years with my husband as a couple?

Could it be that brain waves were like lizards which would develop another tail in case the original one dropped off?

If not, then, was it the same as what had happened here – there also was another “person” in my house? Another person’s set of brain waves sneaked into my skull and just stay on inside there? Let there be ten-thousand mistakes, it must not be the brain waves of another female. It was a female who stole my hardware, stole my identity, stayed there officially as Mrs. Hu and cheated my husband during these ten-over years. Once this thought came to my mind, I hated it very much. If that were true, I would drag her out, see what sort of a devil she was and would ask her for what reason she pretended to be me. Whatever excuse it could be I would absolutely refuse to accept.

But what could I do as the matter had proceeded to this stage? I was lost and had no headway at all. What to do now?
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 18:08  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-h.

发表于 2017-4-4 16:51
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-h.
into English in 09/1998.

Thinking like this over and over again for a few days, I feel now it is not a good way to deduce using my own conclusion as example. So I branch off to say that Mr. X’s brain waves had been seriously disturbed and thereupon forgot his own identity and thought he was another person instead. Would this stand? Let me reexamine the situation at that time:-

A - Ah Ming (at this moment I am eager to be exact so I say it from the objective angle, so I do not call myself I) lost too much blood. She lay on bed with an oxygen tube and diagrammes showing blood pressure and heart beats.

B - X had nearly died (it is “nearly died”; to say he had certainly died is probably only an I-think-so type of statement); his brain waves lost too much electricity, resulting in a complete loss of memory. Perhaps it was due to electricity theory, his brain waves drifted ten-over kilometers, drifted onto Ah Ming’s bed. And again, perhaps because of electricity theory, they sneaked into Ah Ming’s skull.

I deliberated along the following series of scenes:

1 – X’s brain waves took a copy of Ah Ming’s memory and etc., and stored them in his own tissues. (It was X copying Ah Ming’s, not Ah Ming copying X’s.) At the same time, because X’s brain waves were then inside Ah Ming’s brains, they were therefore engraved with what Ah Ming had in mind at that fatal moment: that subconscious sensing of despair, sadness and fear, to the same high degree as she felt.

2 – A nurse noticed that Ah Ming was struggling, took a look and discovered that the oxygen supply was low and was beginning to exhaust. She put up an alarm and all hands came to rescue. Somebody changed the oxygen cylinder and a doctor worked on the electrical shocking device. It was at this very moment the brain waves were thrown out of the skull. It was X’s set of brain waves, not Ah Ming’s brain waves. X’s brain waves were not the host unit there, so it was thrown out. Ah Ming’s set continued to stay in. The electrical shocking device was there to save life, if using it would throw out the patient’s brain waves instead, what a silly device then it was going to be?

3 – In the course of its operation, the electrical shocking device bombarded very violently. Privately, it had a hidden side effect. It charged electricity into X’s brain waves and they regained vitality.

4 – In this manner, X’s brain waves returned to his own body. They copied back his own memories from his tissues during the time he fell into a senseless sleep, thus turning around the positions of host and guest, thinking they were Ah Ming’s brain waves and she came to his house like a thief.

5 – Ah Ming was rescued in the hospital. What X’s brain waves did in her brains she did not know at that moment. She did not know it also afterwards. As soon as X’s brain waves left, the two parties had nothing more to do with each other. Therefore, every bit of what has been said above about life in X’s house had nothing to do with her. She knew only of her life with her husband in her own house. After she had nurtured herself well back at home, she stayed happily with her family members to live out her age given by God, like all other people did who were equally lucky.
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 18:14  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-i.

发表于 2017-4-5 07:49
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-i.
into English in 09/1998.

Let me check it for loopholes:-
1 - Ah Ming’s oxygen supply ran out that night and she nearly died. Is it possible that her family members were not aware?

It was a mistake on the hospital’s side which they would not reveal. Once let known, their name would be smeared. And, on Ah Ming’s side, she thought her condition worsened and would almost die then but was pulled back by the kindhearted and skillful medical personnel. She was very grateful indeed and knew nothing else.

2 – According to Jennifer, in the recently past years Ah Ming was timid at times when talking about her old friends. Does that not indicate that she was a different person?

This is understandable. The age Jennifer mentioned was between 50 and 56 in the case of Ah Ming when everybody was already a grandmother. If the subject matter was how they made fun of other people during their young ages, Jennifer might find it interesting and would even add in a “hee hee” slight laughter, but Ah Ming would feel it embarrassing.

3 – In reexamining the situation at that time, what happened to X’s brain waves was probably due to the electromagnetic laws. This supposition is just taken out of the blue and therefore is somewhat a child’s play.

Ah Ming knew and knows nothing in science and technology but there is no harm in supposing something so as to be able to go on with writing.

So how now? Is this deduction trust worthy?
To be continued…

顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 18:48  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-j.

发表于 2017-4-5 16:27
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-j.
into English in 09/1998.

I do not mind it any more now whether it is trust worthy. Now, I hope what is said is true; I hope that the one here is Mr. X and the one who just passed away at home is me. It is me, Ah Ming, not another woman. If the one here is me, Ah Ming, I am no other person but a thief. If the one just passed away is me, Ah Ming, I have no regret at all as every person has to die sooner or later. I feel I have got what I asked for. Wen Tian Xiang (文天祥) said in his Zheng Qi Ge (正气歌) : “which person never dies since the beginning of the universe? Let the righteous heart remain to be spotted in history. (“人生自古谁无死,留取丹心照汗青。”)” I say: “which person never dies since the beginning of the universe, let my voice and image keep my husband company forever. (人生自古谁无死,留取音容伴夫君。)” I have been together with him for the greatest part of my life, and, to-day, our happy marriage gets a happy ending. It is due to blessing from the Lord, God, and pity from the Bodhisattvas. I am already satisfied and what else do I still wish to ask for?

I merge myself these few days in this sweet and beautiful mental sphere, relaxed and feel comfortable. But, this is, after all, an illusion; it is no more possible. If the one at home was me, then the one here who is able to think and speak cannot be me, Ah Ming.

It is still a mess.

So far I have examined these possibilities:
A - I am Ah Ming who steals Mr. X’s hardware; the brain waves used at home had been naturally reproduced.

B - I am Ah Ming who steals Mr. X’s hardware; the brain waves used at home were those of a stranger-woman.

C – The brain waves used at Mr. X’s home are his own and the ones used in my house are mine. I recovered and returned home.

Is there any other possibility other than A, B and C? I am now asking whether there has been any mix-up between Mr. X and me. At that night, could it be possible that the set of brain waves which was thrown out by the electrical shocking device was not of Mr. X but mine? Although I was the host and he was an outsider but he was male and I was female, therefore, he was positive and I negative. Possibly, after having been charged with electricity by the shocking device, with his original positive male nature he could suppress me. If the skull was limited in its capacity when the forceful and rapid series of strokes was in process, one set only of the brain waves was able to stay on and the extra one had to be thrown out, the set thrown out could very possibly be mine; the one remained to be rescued and treated could very possibly be Mr. X’s. Therefore, the set of brain waves used by Ah Ming when she returned home after treatment came from Mr. X. The one which came to his house and stole the hardware was my own set of brain waves. There, then, is Possibility D.

D – I am Ah Ming who steals and uses Mr. X’s hardware; the set used back home belongs to Mr. X.

If Possibility D stands then Mr. X has done me very serious harm. It is he who robs me of my position and damages the harmonious family life of my home.

I am going to hit back. I am going to squander away all the wealth and belongings he leaves behind, lock, stock and barrel, and let not one cent remain.
To be continued…

[ 本帖最后由 荷塘 于 2020-1-24 20:41 编辑 ]
顶部
荷塘
高级会员

UID 65992
精华 0
积分 2777
帖子 1201
威望 1552 点
阅读权限 20
注册 2010-6-25
状态 在线
发表于 2020-1-24 20:37  资料 个人空间 短消息 
英文版我是谁Who Am I-k。

2017-04-06 10:03:25
Inference thesis.
英文版我是谁Who Am I-k。
into English in 09/1998.

However, on second thought, it seems that this was not his own choice. Besides, his wife is not a wicked woman. Besides, his children and the young ones are also interesting. Besides, I have stayed here for some time and have developed a sense of belongingness, and besides again, do I not have to be thrifty for my own good so as to possess enough money to live on? That is right. To say squander away all that he has is only for show, just say it and not really mean it. But then, as what has happened, that I eat in his house, spend on his belongings, I do not have to feel shameful anymore. This mess of bones-mix-bones has in fact come about through his fault. To mention who owes whom, it is he owing me, I do not owe him.

But, which is which? After having gone through so much deliberation and saying, the question has still not yet been solved. The question is: “who’s brain waves are they which live inside X’s head?” In other words:
“WHO AM I”?

The End.

《我是谁》中文版,第一段的网址是:
http://www.sgwritings.com/65992/viewspace_53460.html

评论版
荷塘 发表于 2017-04-06 10:21:12
哦,我说,这位阿明婆婆,妳要走了赫?我说呢,你说的话我都记录下来了,但是我还有一个项目想要补充。我说,妳想想看,厨房里搁着等待清洗的盘碗有水,可能也有油,油浮在水面上。把它一吹,水面上的那一小片油可能一分为二,接着各自如前地内聚成一小片。妳的脑电波、魂魄,在电震器猛力碰撞的时候,被震,分裂,形成两片。可能一片留着,一片被轰出体外。这一片几经折腾,钻进X的脑袋里。X是死的,但是是刚死不久还稍有生机的,妳的这片脑电波在那里面立脚,融合,就地安居。那是说,妳家里的,和在X的家里的两副脑电波都是妳阿明婆婆的。

妳的脑电波又来自病体,又经历折磨,是被扯裂,只得原有一半体积的组织,不就残弱了吗?我说不见得。我就有多次见过建屋局的人手把树木的粗杆切除。我举近这一两年的事。工人们把某区,BLK259地上的那一棵树的树干锯掉,那一派葱茂的树叶没了,浓荫没了。那些遗留着的树干就像没有膝盖的大腿,向天指着的难看模样。[奇怪,没有树叶,那棵树也不会凋谢,死亡。]过得一些时候,雨来了,新树枝生长,树叶逐渐出现和日趋丰茂。我有在另一座的七楼看过去,看那丛额外显眼的,它的顶点指着BLK230D的八楼。现在它超出了十一楼屋顶一些距离。以前的那几支没有膝盖的树干大腿,现在都被浓叶笼盖到失了踪了。那是说,原来有些东西动了手术反而更有生机。

把树干锯掉,有的是因为树干有碍观瞻,或阻碍交通之类的缘故,但是,如所见的,割树也会使它更有活力;可能是有益,而不一定是有害的事情。所以,妳的脑电波可能没有因为分裂而伤残,它可能有能力采用X的有机体继续作为人类生存。所以,住在两个地方的,都是妳阿明婆婆的脑电波。

[ 本帖最后由 荷塘 于 2020-1-24 20:39 编辑 ]
顶部

当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2020-2-28 21:21

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.043086 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip enabled

清除 Cookies - 联系我们 - 随笔南洋网 - Archiver