|佛列德•阿伦 (ALLEN, Fred)，1894 - 1956|
• Advertising agency: eighty-five per cent confusion and fifteen per cent commission.
广告代理: 八十五巴仙混淆, 十五巴仙佣金.
• California is a fine place to live in – if you happen to be an orange.
加里富尼亚是个好居处 - 如果你刚好是一粒橙.
• A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done.
会议是集合一群重要人物, 他们单独做不了什么事, 但在一起可以决定没什么事可以做.
• He is so narrow-minded that if he fell on a pin, it would blind him in both eyes.
他的胸襟是那么的狭隘, 以致他若跌倒在地碰到一支针, 就以为会弄瞎他的双眼.
• He pasted picture postcards around goldfish bowls to make the goldfish think they were going places.
• Her hat is a creation that will never go out of style; it will just look ridiculous year after year.
• His hobby is collecting old echoes.
• Hollywood is no place for a professional comedian; the amateur competition is too great.
• Some movie stars wear their sunglasses even in church; they’re afraid God might recognize them and ask for autographs.
• I play a musical instrument some, but only for my own amazement.
• I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
• On ships they call them barnacles; in radio they attach themselves to desks, and are called vice-presidents.
• Sense does not make sense in radio.
• He dreamed he was eating Shredded Wheat and woke up to find the mattress half gone.
• If a circle is half as good as it smells, it’s a great show.
• Hollywood is a place where people from Iowa mistake each other for movie stars.
好莱坞这个地方, 让来自俄亥俄州的人, 误认彼此为电影明星.
• My agent gets ten per cent of everything I get, except my blinding headaches.
[ 本帖最后由 苏杭 于 2021-12-8 13:51 编辑 ]